Chef Jamie McFadden's Irish Potato Soup
HAPPY ST. PATRICK’S DAY!
- 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 2 medium sized leeks
- 3 large potatoes, washed & peeled
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 1 carrot chopped
- 3 pieces of celery, chopped
- 1 pinch ground black pepper & salt
- ½ cup of flour
- Chop leeks, potatoes, carrots and celery and add to a pan with melted butter.
- Cook on low heat until soft. Next sprinkle flour over mixture and mix until incorporated.
- Add the chicken broth and 2 quarts of water.
- Cover the pan allowing the vegetables to soften about 45minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and add 2 cups of heavy cream (adjust seasoning)
- Serve piping hot with a few slices of brown bread.