Happy St. Patrick's Day!
My Irish eyes are smiling. March 17th is upon us, time to celebrate the patron saint of Ireland. It’s said that on St. Patrick’s Day everyone is Irish! The day is celebrated worldwide with shamrocks, parades and the legendary green beer. The profane and devout alike attend morning mass and then sit down for a family feast which isn’t complete with out an Irish coffee. Is Irish coffee really from Ireland? No. Does anyone really care? No. And so, the king of catering will help finish this holiday party with style – and booze. The original Irish Coffee Recipe is as follows:
- Heat a stemmed whiskey goblet or heat resistant glass by rinsing it with very hot water and then discarding the water
- Add 3 sugar cubes to the bottom of the glass
- Pour in one shot of Jameson Irish whiskey
- Fill with strong black coffee to within one inch of the top. Stir gently
- Top off the brim with heavy cream slightly aerated by pouring it over the back of a spoon
- Do NOT stir after adding the cream as the true flavor is obtained by drinking the coffee and whiskey through the cream
It is said without a doubt that the Irish know how to celebrate, but no gathering should end without at least a “lucky” Irish toast or maybe two. So keeping that in mind,
May you have all the happiness and luck that life can hold –
And at the end of all your rainbows may you find a pot of gold.
May the lilt of Irish laughter lighten every load.
May the mist of Irish magic shorten every road…
And may all your friends remember all the favours you are owed!